Making sure the energy we use is sustainable.

Energy is essential for running Gardiners effectively, from working laptops or factory machinery to lighting and heating our office space. We want to show that our business is environmentally aware and doing its bit by cutting our carbon footprint.

We do this by:

  • Buying green gas - renewable and low carbon gases that can be used in place of fossil fuels
  • Buying green electricity - from renewable sources such as solar and wind
  • Buying hybrid or electric cars for the Sales Team

87% of our waste is recycled.

All our industrial and office waste is skipped and picked up every day by Smiths. They’re able to recycle 87% of all our waste, and the remaining 17% is incinerated to generate waste energy at Javelin Park.

Smiths collect and process:

  • Domestic waste
  • Paper and cardboard
  • Plastics, metals and glass
  • Timber (pallets)
  • Hazardous waste

Smiths are based in Moreton Valence so the journey to recycling our waste is under 2 miles – another bonus to reducing our carbon footprint!

  • 100% of our building energy comes from renewable sources. 
  • Our mailing sacks are made from 100% recycled plastic and are 100% recyclable.  We have investigated biodegradable and rejected this based on the European Commission report. 
  • Our wholesale cartons are made from 80% recycled cardboard.  The remaining 20% comes from FSC approved sources. 
  • We send zero waste to landfill.  Anything that cannot be recycled is turned into waste energy. 
  • All our waste cardboard and plastic is baled and sent for recycling. 
  • Our machine and hand pallet wrap contain a minimum of 30% recycled material. 
  • We are engaging a new energy broker to help us understand our warehouse and office carbon footprint. 
  • We are ISO 14001 and Streamlined Energy Carbon Reporting accredited.
  • We comply each year with Packaging regulations and buy recycling notes to offset our packaging output. 


Check out our vacancies